Monday, October 13, 2008

A View to A Flipbook (and Gridart)

As far as the main subject matter of our most recent Art & Technology classes goes, we've been mostly looking at the history of radio, television, the computer, and most recently, the internet. However, my focus in this post is on the projects I've been assigned.

Firstly, as promised, I've posted some frames from my flipbook animation to give you a taste of what mine is about. Check them out below. I will talk more about it when I get the whole thing assembled as a proper video to upload.


Now that the flipbook project is out of the way, I'm working on a "gridart" project. This is pretty much what it sounds like. It is essentially any piece of non-digital art that is based around the notion of a grid. I won't reveal exactly what I'm doing yet, as I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I will say that it involves copious amounts of cardboard and a little electricity. Once it is done, I will definitely upload some pictures.

No comments: